On Labor Day (yes I realize that it was already a whole month ago) Jeff got me up at 5:30 for an early morning date, on the river, with the fish! Talk about ROMANTIC!!! We actually had a really good time though. This is the big fish I caught (or at least what I thought was big, until Jeff caught one twice the size...). Did I mention that I'm not a huge fan of fishing? But being on the river first thing in the morning was beautiful. Very peaceful.
We went home around 8:30 and got the kids up and fed/dressed etc... and took them back to the river so as not to deprive them of such a great experience. It was NOT so peaceful with 4 extra little bodies, 3 of which wanted to jump in every chance they got! It was like herding little ants away from a sugar pile.Jeff ended up going back a 3rd time with the boys later that afternoon. (He was a fishing maniac that weekend.) Caught 31 pike--which just for those who might be concerned, are scavenger fish and eat the trout and the other 'good' fish--

This is Natalia's big fish that she reeled in with a little help from her daddy! She sure was proud.
No surprise here that Colton was one of the 3 that wanted to jump--and was very inspirational to the other 2 wanted to get wet. (Austin and Natalia).



No comments:
Post a Comment